Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ephemerally Ethereal

What I speak of in this post is simply not understood by many. Many people ask questions to themselves and when they do not get an answer from within they seek out answers from wise men. When that door becomes closed, they simply abandon the search and get on with their lives. I have done that several times, and trust me, I have grown tired of abandoning my search. This led me into a frantic regathering of my own senses. The question I sought an answer to is too simple for anyone to answer, but it is rather too complicated, the way I see it. Is love "ephemeral" (everlasting) or is it "ethereal" (out of this world)?
So many wise men gave their views on this topic. I read a lot to find out. But I was dissapointed because I never found what it meant. And believe me, as simple the love you think is, it is not. What led me to a search was a string of lucky breaks I got to be with people whom I loved. They through their own experiences gave me an insight into how simple it looked from outside, but at the same time how difficult it became from inside.
In my story, a girl loved a boy. She had immense faith in him. But every now and then she doubted him. He was a very popular man in his own friends' circle. Always sought by women and his peers. She was not sure if he really loved her. She kept asking questions to him. He used to calmly answer that he only loves her. But jealousy of he being popular always overshadowed their relationship. Slowly the boy started getting averse to the girl. He started ignoring her, even though there was not another. He fell into grief and the girl never found out what happened. She was so much engrossed in imagining that the boy had another affair that she never realized that this same had killed her own love.
One fine day, the boy left for a foreign nation and the girl was left behind. She never got a chance to even say a goodbye. The boy left with his fate, never hoping to return. As a year passed, the girl found another person. He was one fine man. And he took good care of the girl. But the girl was not able to forget the boy. She never got the answer from him. Soon this was realized by the new guy. He was not very popular but he sure had his own ways with girls. The girl found out that this new man, is not what she had thought. He had clandestine relationships and he never told about them. She never had the feelings to ask him as well. The elasticity of relationship had stretched too far that it had to break.
The boy meanwhile, kept himself sunk in his own grief. He never called her, even though he tried once or twice. After a year he returned, and he tried to reach the girl. But after learning about her new realtionship he resigned himself to his own fate. His love was ephemeral but the girl never realized it. Soon the girl came to know about the boy's return. Some life got into her veins. Finally the girl gathered courage and met the boy, only to realize how sad he had become after she left him. She too realized how lonely she had gone after he dissapeared. Thus, love is ethereal. You might know that you are in love but you actually never realize it. Love makes you realize, the way you want to realize. People say it is a situation, I call it fate. Soon they were together again.
Thus, if you are in true love it is always ephemeral and it makes you realize that you are in true love because love is ethereal.

No comments: